Wednesday, December 12, 2007

This And That......

I was approved !!! The hospital called today and told me that the insurance approved my surgery. So...... Hubby and I will go in on Jan 3 to have it done.

Yes, in the summer we have bear in our backyard. They can be very destructive too when they are hungry. We lost many bird feeders to them until we started feeding them. We feed them sunflower seeds mixed with dry dog food and day old bread from the thrift store. Now we have no problem with them. We don't have a lot. Only a couple and sometimes a couple cubs. No cubs this year though. Our main visitor only has 3 legs but she gets around fine.... LOL We also feed the racoons too. We have little property damage this way. We also have deer in the winter We love to watch our furry friends.

About my adoption.... I was never told I was adopted. I found out when i was 18 years old from a friend who was adopted also. We went out on a date and he said "Well, at least we have one thing in common." I asked what and he said, "We're both adopted." Growing up some of the kids in the neighborhood teased me about being adopted but when I asked my mom, she didn't say yes or no. She just said "Why would you ask such a thing !" Needless to say, it put a strain on our relationship when I did find out, but it worked out ok. The loving daughter just dropped the subject. After my folks had both crossed over, I watched a show where a family was reunited so I picked up the phone and made a call to the police dept in the town I was born. ( I had found my adoption papers after my parents died and they had my birth parents name and where I was born.) After explaining what I wanted and why, I asked them if they had any record of my mom or dad. They did. I asked for addresses and phone numbers. They gave me addresses and wished me luck. I called information. No luck on mom. Bingo on dad. I called the number and a little girl answered. I asked to talk to Mr. Smith... yea, Smith.... LOL The little girl yelled, "Dad, some lady wants to talk to Mr. Smith." ( I just knew I had the wrong number with a little girl in the house. ) Mr. Smith got on the phone and I said, "My name is Janet and I'm looking for a William Fredrick Smith who was married to Beulah Smith." He said, "That's me." I said, "Did you have a daughter named Janet Marie born on Sept. 7, 1951?" He said, "I sure did but her mama adopted her to some people in Indiana." WELL..... I was stunned for a minute and then I said, "I'm Janet Marie." I ended up with parents, grandparents, a full sister, and a half sister from mom and dad, and two half sisters and 2 half brothers from dad and his wife. It was so simple to find them. I was lucky. It was a mind blowing experience and a wild ride but we became a family. Many questions were answered and many weren't..... but that's ok. It's worked out. The loving daughter dropped the subject......

That's enough for tonight. Hope this satisfies the inquiring minds. Feel free to ask questions though.... I really don't mind .

Jan

5 comments:

Jen said...

What a remarkable story, Jan. And I hear you about loving daughter dropped the subject. That's how it rolls in my family, too.

We have lots of furry friends, too. One of my earliest blog posts was that we have deer, rather than flowers. ;-)

Mariposa said...

And what a loving daughter you are...

I wish I have some furry friends too...it could be fun! ;)

anno said...

That is a remarkable story -- thanks for sharing it!

We have deer, too. A herd of 78 just went munching through our back yard. My husband, worried about his saplings, is not nearly so sanguine about their arrival, though, and he usually sends the dog out to disperse them. Sometimes he threatens to shoot them and put their heads on pikes surrounding our fields. So far, no action on that item.

Wholly Burble said...

Congratulations on the acceptance for the surgery. You need to begin a blogsite just for those who have had or are contemplating lapband surgery--kind of a support group or place to ask questions from those who have been through it, etc. Just a thought. And, of course, that wouldn't allow you to drop THIS blogsite--as the rest of us will want updates AND all the other things you share with us!

I'm so pleased you shared how you got together with your biological family. I'm not sure I've ever heard the whole story. Pretty nice.

Leslie said...

Congrats on your approval for surgery!

What a wonderful story about finding your biological family. I think it's so great that you could find them and have a relationship with them.