Saturday, December 01, 2007

It's Winter !!!

Yes, the snowing is falling big time here. We have about 8 inches so far and it's still falling. We have a winter storm warning for until 6:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. They say the total is going to be 9 inches but we'll get more than that if this keeps up all night. I think I'll sing..... It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...... LOL I just hope our snowplow man gets here tomorrow.

It's only 18 degrees out so that's not bad. The dogs still go out to do their business and my ADDHD kitten Cody thinks it's great. He doesn't stay out long though. His mama and uncle, and his brother Shiloh are happy to stay inside. Mama and Baby, (the uncle) are stray cats that we fed all last winter and let sleep in our shed. Mama repaid our kindness by presenting us with Cody and Shiloh. Of course, the BABY KITTENS were soooo cute, we had to keep them. I already had my Jasper. Jasper was given to me by my sister about 12 years ago and he is my baby. He's not at all pleased with the new babies but he is tolerating them. Pookie, my Chihuahua thinks they are chew toys, and my other Chihuahua, Chico, could care less about them. Needless the say, there's never a dull moment around the house...... Wait til the tree goes up.... LOL

The snowmobilers are in seventh heaven. We haven't had much snow the past few years but this snow is making up for that and they are already out, travelling the trails. I just could never get into that sport. I'd rather be inside where it's warm.

Well, I'm going to fix me a cup of tea and read a while before bed. Do all of you have your holiday decorating done? Your shopping done? How about your Christmas cards..... are they mailed yet? The list never ends does it?

Jan

4 comments:

Wholly Burble said...

I don't even like hearing about snow fall amounts like that--ugh! Glad it didn't get that exciting around here. We ended up with sleet, and freezing sleet/rain--and lots of high winds. Not sure that is any better than snow, except this will go away much faster than all the snow you have piling up.

Curling up with a good book sounds like your best course of action this weekend. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

You got 9" lucky duck! We got maybe 6-8. Dietra is 'adjusting' to the new climate, a lot different from the Bay Area. She landed the job at Fairview Southdale in the post natal department! you are gonna poop when I tell you how much she makes an hour. Mike did 2 driveways today, he blew out our friends and then ours and he shoveled too. Izzy has been behaving around the tree now that the newness has wore off (and some help from the squirt gun) Hope all is well!

Leslie said...

Shopping - done. Christmas decorations - 80% done. Christmas cards - ummmmm...working on it.

Hey, I have a Jasper, too! He's my big black cat we inherited from my uncle.

Mariposa said...

I'm not done with my christmas decor yet...Mom is sick so I have to attend to her most of them time...I do hope I will be done this week though.

We don't have snow here, but I'm feeling christmas already... :D