Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Christmas Gift.......

I'm not going to get into the why or what for.... just say that my husband's youngest son has been out of our lives for several years It was a "Tough Love" decision on our part to make, but It had to be done. Kevin lived with us most of our young marriage and he became the son I had lost many years ago. Kevin has caused us so much heartbreak, but my love for him runs deep. This 40 year old child man has his own little boy now... Dominic. Kevin sent us his picture and he is sooooo cute !!!

I broke down and wrote Kevin a letter saying that if he truely wants us in his life he was going to have to admit to his own mistakes.... blah, blah, blah..... Well, last evening Kevin called. We talked and then he talked to his dad. He took responsibility for his own actions. They talked for quite a long time and there were tears and laughter. Maybe the "Tough Love", and having a son of his own now, has caused him to grow up, to realize that people make their own mistakes and must be accountable for those mistakes. Whatever the reason, I now have my son back and a grandson in my life. Merry Christmas To Me !!

Jan

7 comments:

Whimsical Ranter said...

What a wonderful gift to get! I hope it continues to work out!

Mariposa said...

I'm happy for you! What a merry christmas gift indeed! Cheers to more wonderful things to come your way (that includes your hubby too!)

(((hugs)))

Leslie said...

Jan, I totally understand the "tough love" thing. Sometimes it's the best thing to do.

I'm glad things are turning around, though. What a wonderful gift!

Wholly Burble said...

Oh Jan, HOW WONDERFUL--and I want pictures of grandbaby! I cannot think of a better Christmas present, than to have your family back together, AND become a grandma--wow!

anno said...

A wonderful gift... and a beautiful story! Thanks so much for posting this !

Anonymous said...

My Christmas wish for you came true. I wrote that to Tom in a letter that was is my Christmas Wish for you and Ed and it came true! Love you, your daughter Mary

Anonymous said...

Sometimes little children can teach someone things no one else can. sunweaver