Saturday, December 15, 2007

Is It Christmas Yet????

My sister and I got the tree up on Friday. We had to rearrange furniture to do it. Why, you ask? Well, because I have this kitten named Cody.... yes, the ADDHD one. We just knew we were going to have to empty the water bottle daily keeping him out of the tree.... and since my hubby has been running low on patience lately, we decided the best place for the tree was in the back room where my sister and I spend most of our time. So, the futon went into the living room and the tree went up.

We did real well until it came to the lights. Does anyone have a pre-lit tree? Well, let me tell ya.... it takes a person with a high IQ ( or we're really dumb ) to get the lights hooked up. It took us a couple hours to figure it out. Once we did though we put the shatterproof ornaments on and it looks beautiful. Cody has only tried to climb it one time so far.

I went shopping today and finished up most of what I needed. I still need a few stocking stuffers and something for our friend Glenn. He's so hard to buy for. Every year I ask him what he wants and every year I get the same answer....... "I don't know." I really hate that. (even though I have done the same.. LOL ) I treated myself to a haircut, a new book, and bought my powdered vitamins that I will have to take after the surgery.

So, it ended up a pretty good day..... productive. That would be a good word for Singular Saturday. Later all.......

Jan

7 comments:

Mariposa said...

Oh christmas tree...oh christams tree...lol I'm feeling so christmas already...hahaha

Let's do a count down who how many climb attempts Cody will do... ;)

Another thing, I've read two posts already about yur surgery but I think I missed what is it for...but I hope it's nothing serious and pray it will go smooth and will not keep you from here long, bec I will miss yah! :)

(((hugs)))

Jan said...

LOL... well, we can start the count down at 6 so far I think.

It is lapband surgery. My hubby and I are both having it. I talked aboput it in my Dec 6 This and That post I think. I won't be gone long. It's an outpatient surgery. Awwwwwww, it's so nice to know that I would be missed... thank You !!! (((HUGS)))

Jan

anno said...

Whew! Putting up your tree sounds like quite the ordeal, but I hope you can enjoy your well-deserved rewards now. Good luck keeping Cody at bay...

Goofball said...

Enjoy your tree


did you change your template? Your picture was not there before, was it? Nice to put a face next to a name! Glad to meet you :)

Wholly Burble said...

Cody will put your Christmas spirits to the test I think LOL.

I like the word "productive" for Singular Saturday--works for me any day it truly applies!

Take a picture of said tree and put it on display here at your blogspot--I'd love to get in the spirit of the holidays looking at your tree!

Jen said...

It sounds like you've been very "productive"! Congrats on sharing your video, too! And make sure you're taking good care of yourself prior to surgery.

Leslie said...

It really starts to feel like Christmas once the tree is up, doesn't it? We have cats that can't get enough of our tree, but they're not climbing it. They want to pee on it! Darn cats!