Thursday, December 06, 2007

This and That.......

Boy, since November is past, the blogs are quieter. W B where are you?????? I miss your humor, your laughter.... I miss you !!!

Did I mention that it was winter here and it has been snowing forever? We got another foot on Tuesday. We have been plowed out twice now. That's more than all last winter !! LOL And it's cold..... I hate the cold. Blah, blah, blah.....

OK.... on to some some exciting news !!! Tomorrow night I am going with my 6th grade class to a Madrigal Dinner at the college. OMG..... I actually paid $34.00 to do this !! We are reading about Medieval England and the teachers thought it would be great to take the kids to this authentic dinner. We will have a 5 course meal, court jesters, and the actors will be in full regalia singing and dancing. There will be 70 of us going. Actually it will be a hoot as long as someone doesn't spill their plate in their lap or accidentally say "Holy shit, Mrs. Himes, look at that !" Keep your fingers crossed...... LOL

Next news flash....... Has anyone heard of or had Lapband surgery? It's a type of gastric surgery where they put a band around the top of the stomach so you won't eat as much and therefore lose weight. It can be tightened or loosened by inflation or deflation with saline through a permanent port. Very non invasive & same day surgery. WELL>> My husband decided to have it done and I, being the ever loving, over weight wife, said i would have it done too. I mean, after 25 years of marriage, where you have done practically everything together, why not this eh? And with our weight and our aches and pains, there's not much left to do .... LOL Anyway, the insurance approved Ed's surgery this week. My info was sent in 4 days after his so mine hasn't come through yet but the doc is expecting it by the first of the week, and he said he expects full approval. SO>>> our surgery date is set for January 3rd. Yes, we are going in on the Buddy Plan. I know W B isn't thrilled about this decision but look at the fun we are going to have. Full liquid diet for 2 weeks after the surgery. Then a soft diet gradually working up to a diet where you only eat 1 cup of food per meal and you can't drink with the meal or for an hour afterward. Doesn't that sound fun?? But the results !!!!!! We are going to look grand !!! We are going to have sooo much energy too. We are going to be new BEings !! And I for one am going to flaunt it. I don't know how yet, because I have never been a size to be able to flaunt anything, but I am going to do it !! LOL Keep your fingers crossed on this one too. I know I'll need your support along the way....

Ok, that's about all the exciting news for now. I don't want to overwelm you, so I'll say good night..... Later !!!

Jan

4 comments:

Wholly Burble said...

Congratulations that Ed has been approved--and I'm sure yours will come through too. And yes, you're correct, I'm not too sure about this whole thing. How can we go out to the all-you-can-eat buffet when I come to visit when you two collectively can only have two cups of anything period LOL?

You know I'm back here rooting for both of you.

And another foot of snow--PLEASE--it makes it so difficult for me to complain and gripe about our three to four inches more snow. It just kills the fun of complaining. Howevever, I'll happily forego the complaining and let you keep the additional foot of snow.

Leslie said...

We're getting snow, too! Not quite as much as you are, but enough to keep us sled riding.

And the lap band - wow! My friend Pam over at Bubbles Writes is having it done, too. Having been overweight for a good many years of my life, I can certainly see the benefits. I hope it goes well for you and Ed. I think doing it together is a recipe for success. You'll have a built in support system and buddy who knows exactly what you're going through.

Have fun at the Madrigal Dinner! I hope you'll tell us all about it.

LIBSMOM said...

Hi Jan,
Congratulations on your decision to have the lap band surgery!
I'm going to my first conference next Thursday and have my orientation and first doctor's visits the following week! My husband and I are taking our family on a cabin retreat the first of February and then I am scheduling my surgery immediately following.
I wish you luck and health! I'll be stopping by to check on you and I hope you'll do the same. We can compare notes and celebrate our weight loss success!

Jen said...

I hope it all goes well and gives you the health and energy you're both looking for. Make sure you look into it carefully, though - it's still invasive and serious surgery.

Huge hugs!