Friday, January 18, 2008

Update.... and Things.....

Some of you have asked how Eddie and I are doing after our surgery. I can report we are doing great. We are officially in Stage 3 now. This consists of flaky meat such as fish, tuna, chicken, and soft foods. I have to say I haven't been hungry while on the liquids. I thought I would be. Our stiches are all healed and the incisions look good. I have lost 17 lbs so far. Ed has not weighed but his jeans are baggy and he has taken his belt up 3 notches. Stage 4 starts on Feb. 3. That will start us back on regular food. So I guess this is working. Our check-up is Feb. 20th.

We have had some terribly COLD weather the past few days. It is now 15 below zero not counting the windchill. It is supposed to be even colder over the week-end. We did our weekly shopping on Thursday night so we don't have to go out. Smart people huh?? LOL

I don't have to work Monday !!! Eddie has a teacher workday but I get to stay home with my sister and relax. Whoopee !

I decided not to play The Writing Game this time. I can't even think of a good story line..... LOL Maybe next time.

That's about it for now....... (((HUGS)))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

17 pounds! WOW! Congratulations. That's dramatic!

I didn't play The Writing Game this time. I told Jen that I got the dumb and the brain is on strike. I hate to sit out, but I think I'm doing everyone a favor this time!

Jen said...

Jan and Leslie - NO pressure on the Writing Game - it's just for fun. ;-)

Jan, thank you so much for updating us. Congrats to you and Eddie. It must be an amazing feeling! Please post some pics from time to time.

anno said...

A 17-pound loss is amazing! How's your energy these days? How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

17 lbs, ALREADY WOW!! I am soo happy for you and the results so far. Ed must have lost as much. You two are a great support for each other and it's a good role model for others!
Love Ya!