Saturday, January 12, 2008

This and That........

Barb, Glenn and the kids came over today and Barb made us homemade chicken noodle soup. It was delicious even if we did have to put it in the blender to make it smooth.... lol We had a nice visit and played the game Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader. No, we are not !! LOL

Eddie and I are feeling pretty good. We are fairing ok on the liquid diet so far but I have to say, I am ready for stage three..... where we can start to introduce regular food into our system. That will happen on January 22. Neither of us have any pain to speak of. My main discomfort is my back for some reason. It is really achy. Barb said maybe it's the position I was in on the operating table. I hope so. I certainly don't want a reoccurance of my back problems. But, a little liquid Tylenol does the trick.

Not much else happening around here. It is colder tonight. 9 degrees outside. More like January weather. I'm ready for Spring. (((HUGS)))

4 comments:

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I look forward to Jan. 22 for you...and yes, that back pain I guess have something to do with you lying in the OR for hours...you can also try hot compress...it works for me.

I hope your back gets better soon...

(((hugs)))

Jen said...

Hey Jan,
I'd report the back pain to your surgeon - it could be kidney-related. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad you're both doing well! And I'm glad the 22nd isn't TOO far away.

Whimsical Ranter said...

I sat there watching that 5th grader show with my son (he's in middle school). With in about 10 minutes we had flipped the channel because we both felt so stupid.

I hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I am also NOT smarter than a 5th grader. That game is harder than it may sound!

I'm glad you're doing well. I hope the back ache clears up soon!