Friday, January 11, 2008

Day To Read Report.....

I read Stalemate by Iris Johansen. I have read all her books and she is one of my favorite authors. I'm an avid mystery/thriller reader. I especially like the forensic investigators. I find it so interesting in what they can find out about a person.

The main character is Eve Duncan, who is a forensic sculptor. She takes the skull and builds it up to make the person identifiable. She calls it "bringing the person home". It's a tedious job but the end result is stunning. It's the type of book that you can't put down..... at least for me anyway.

Here is what Amazon has to say about the story........

In the latest Eve Duncan forensics thriller from bestseller Johansen (Killer Dreams), the Atlanta-based forensic sculptor with an international reputation finds herself attracted, not always convincingly, to a sleazy manipulator. Duncan, who specializes in reconstructing facial features from skulls, has buried herself in her work since the disappearance and presumed death of her seven-year-old daughter, Bonnie, years earlier. That still-open wound is probed with sadistic skill by Luis Montalvo, a shady Colombian arms dealer, who offers to solve the mystery of what happened to Bonnie if Duncan agrees to attempt a reconstruction from a skull Montalvo believes was his late wife's. Despite the misgivings of her former husband, an FBI agent, Duncan accepts, and soon finds herself dodging bullets in a war between Montalvo and a drug lord rival in the Colombian jungle. Despite a shortage of the sort of meaty science that, say, a Kathy Reichs thriller typically provides, Johansen's faithful audience should be satisfied. (Jan.) Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

I sure do enjoy her books and I think anyone who enjoys a good mystery would enjoy it too ......... (((HUGS)))

6 comments:

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Then I have to read this book this year! Thanks for sharing!

anno said...

This does sound like a good one -- thanks!

Jen said...

Thank you! This definitely sounds like it's up my alley. BTW... do you watch Bones, based on the Temperance Brennan books? They have a character, Angela, on the TV show who's a forensic modelor, and she's one of my fave characters. BTW, too, you might really enjoy the books by Karen Olson - she's the one I discovered recently through my DS and I'm really enjoying her. The one I'm reading is Dead of the Day, but I'd start with the first, which is either Second Hand Smoke, or Sacred Cows.

Jan said...

Thank you Jen ! I will definitely
check this author out. (((HUGS)))

Wholly Burble said...

As always, you choose some pretty nifty mystery writers, and their books. This sounds like it gets pretty exciting. Thank you for sharing this with us--I'll add it to my list.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting read!