Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ashley....

Many have asked who Ashley is. If you remember in another post, I had a picture of Barb and I've talked about Barb and her family. Barb is Ashley's mother. There is also Glenn, her daddy and her brother Brandon.

The Reynolds family has been apart of our lives for many years. Glenn and Eddie worked together and then Glenn married Barb. Then came the kids. They are not blood family but they are family in our hearts. I don't know what we would do with out them. The kids call us Aunt Jan and Uncle Elly..... LOL When Ashley was old enough to talk she couldn't say Eddie. She said Elly and it has always been that since and has carried on over to Brandon. Ashley turned 12 in December and Brandon will turn 10 next month. They have grown up fast.

We see them every week-end and spend every holiday together and we take a vacation at the lake with them. All of our blood family, except for my sister, who lives with us, live states away so the Reynold's family has become our family here. So, if I write about the kids coming over or seeing the kids, that's who I'm referring to. (((HUGS)))

5 comments:

Wholly Burble said...

I'm glad you shared that, as I hadn't realized just how far back you and the Reynolds go--as in before they were "they" LOL.

And I like the count-down counter! Wow, 24 pounds already. How is Eddie doing? I'm sure he's doing well too.

Jen said...

It's such a blessing to have close friends like that!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Oh...close friends...my family can relate to that!

And I love your counter...go, go, go!

Anonymous said...

It's great to have friends like that!

My aunt has this beautiful plaque hanging in her house that says, "Friends are the family we choose." Your friends make me think of that.

anno said...

Those are the very best kind of friends to have -- you are blessed!