Sunday, January 20, 2008

First Attempt at SOS........


When I was a young girl I was taken to church every Sunday. My parents didn't attend but i was ever faithful at Sunday School. I was a loner. I really didn't have anyone I associated with during my middle school years. One Sunday as I was sitting by myself, waiting for the activities to begin a very good looking high school guy walked through the room and on his way out.... he smiled at me !!! Oh My! My heart fluttered. You can imagine how I felt. Of course I smiled back and I just couldn't resist turning around in my seat to have a last glance of him. There he was.... this nice looking guy with brown eyes, fit body, sandy hair, wearing this light blue sports jacket, smiling , and watching me !!!
I quickly turned around.

At that time I had no idea what his name was. I didn't know anything about him but I knew he was different. Maybe I would have thought that about any guy who had smiled at me...

I was a very sheltered child. I wasn't like the other girls. I dressed very prim and proper and I had no experience with boys, except for the boys in my neighborhood, so this was definitely a NEW thing for me. Needless to say, I was confused. Why would this nice looking, older guy, be watching me?

11 comments:

Jen said...

Well, being older and wiser now, I think you *know* why the older boy was watching you! And my heart goes out to you for being a loner in middle school as a girl - that's a tough place to be!

Jan said...

Hey Jen... I wasn't a loner in school.... Just in sunday School. LOL Yea, I do know why now. (((HUGS)))

tripleZmom said...

Ah, older boys. So intimidating.

Madam Crunchypants said...

ooh, older boys. So intriguing.

Can't wait for more of this story.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Oh, I will not speculate why was he watching you...LOL

I want the continuation! :D

Brillig said...

Welcome to SOS!!! I'm so glad you decided to play along. This is fantastic, I can't wait for more!

Shellie said...

Welcome! I will be waiting anxiously to see where this all goes.

Wholly Burble said...

Oh my, and in Sunday School no less LOL--now I have to wait all week for the "what happened next".

Anonymous said...

HA!

I was always after the older girls, myself.

As a Sunday school teacher, I'll have to be on the lookout for this kind of stuff, myself.

SOS Anonymous

anno said...

Amazing what a look and a smile can do... I'll be looking forward to reading what comes next!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you joined the S.O.S. crowd! I haven't taken part in the writing, but I love the reading. Can't wait to hear more!