Saturday, January 05, 2008

This and That.....

Today was the first real day of being on our own with this new way of eating. My friend Barb, the nurse, went to the health food store and brought us several types of herbal broths. I've tried the vegetable and the chicken and they are quite good. My sister went to the store and brought home several types of Crystal Light, some Italian Ice, popcicles, and sherbert. We're all set. LOL It hasn't been bad today really.

I picked the word anticipation because that's what I feel about this surgery. I anticipate good results along with more energy and being able to get off some of my meds.

I'm really looking forward to SOS tomorrow. Maybe one of these days I'll try it. (((HUGS))) to all...

9 comments:

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Nice to hear you are doing great! Well, I have known 2 people who tried your surgery years ago...and it did them good...so I'm sure yours will be the same. :)

Jen said...

I hope you both continue to feel well and love your new lifestyle!

Wholly Burble said...

How long does the all liquid diet last? And then what happens? I remember you saying something about food having to be chewed so many times--or do you have to puree? Anyway, glad you have some choices during this beginning phase! I'm praying for both of you.

Mikey said...

OK, I read a lil ways back in your BLOG, what kind of surgery did you have? And, I AM ADOPTED TOO!! I was adopted at birth just like you, my parents told me at a very young age that I was adopted, it wasn't a big deal to me until I got to be about 14 or 15. On February 14th, 2004 I met my Birth Mom for the first time. I learned so much, and it was a really good experience for me...for the most part. It is a small world.

LIBSMOM said...

I am here, supporting you and your husband all the way!! I will follow in your footsteps in a few months. Can't wait to be band buddies with you both!
Are you hungry?

anno said...

I'm glad you're back & doing well. How thrilling to be on the advent of big changes! Good luck to you!

Wholly Burble said...

Have I mentioned how happy I am you put your picture on your blog? Every time I open it, there you are! And I like to see you often--so that's nice.

Anonymous said...

I hope the surgery brings you all that you're hoping for! I'm thinking of you and hope you are feeling better by the day!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and Ed! I'm watching in anticipation of the results. I'm happy Barb is there to help along with Mary Lou. Let me know if you get hungry or what you go through.
Love you !