Monday, November 12, 2007

Told You I'd Be Back........

I've been reading the posts on the Writing Game. What fun ! I don't know if I could do it but the bloggers have been doing a wonderful job.

I'm a middle school teacher assistant. I work this year with the 6th grade kids. One of my duties is to monitor lunch time. The other day I had this little fellow call me over to his table and ask me my name. I told him and then he asked me if I was in Mrs Chandler's room. I said that I was. He asked me how old I was and I told him 56. Then he looked at me with those innocent eyes, and with a sincere look on his face, he said....... (Get ready....LOL ) he said, "Isn't that a little old to be in 6th grade?" Speechless, I just looked at him, and then I laughed. I told him yes, it was, so next year I was going back to 5th grade. My teacher and I Loop so we have the same set of students 2 years in a row. We were 5th grade last year, this year 6th and then back to 5th grade next year.....with a new class of students. Like Art Linkletter said.... Kids say the darndest things. I love it !

See ya tomorrow.

Jan

7 comments:

Wholly Burble said...

It's true, Kids do say the darndest things :-)

Glad to see you posting. I'm finding the best thing to do is jump in with both feet. And that looks like what you're up to.

Way to go!

anno said...

Too funny!

Thanks for stopping by my blog -- I'll be back to see how your writing journey unfolds.

Jen said...

Hey Jan,
Thanks so much for coming over and checking out our Writing Game pieces. I hope you'll join us next time.
Great story about your student. I taught middle school for many years, so I can relate. It's a great age group!
And I second WB! It will be good to see you around!

Anonymous said...

Kids are the best! I just love it.

tripleZmom said...

I taught first and second grade, but I tutored middle school students. They are definitely the most fun one on one!

Jenn in Holland said...

hahahahahaha! It IS a little old to be in 6th grade, for sure! That's so great, I love the conversations that happen in a school. Just precious!

Goofball said...

Lol, yes that was funny :)