Sunday, November 18, 2007

This & That.......

What fun I have been having reading all these blogs !!! I feel like I am in a whole new world. So this is what blogging is all about..... wow !

Tomorrow is back to work at school. Tomorrow night we will be cooking for my husband's feast day at school. He is a Special Ed teacher at the same school where I work. It is on the Leech Lake Indian Reservation but it is a public school. Every year he puts on a holiday feast at Thanksgiving & Christmas. He has 25# turkey to bake & we will make the deviled eggs & his special apple cake. The kids will have a good meal. For some, this will be the only good meal they will have. He has 2 lady aides in the room with him & they will bring in the stuffing, 25# of mashed potatoes & all the rest of the goodies. What a feast it will be.

We will only work 3 days this week of course. We will have our special dinner on Saturday. We work around our friend, Barbs, nursing schedule. So we will have a couple days to prepare our feast.

That's it for now..... Stay healthy & happy. (((HUGS)))

Jan

4 comments:

Wholly Burble said...

I think this tradition you and your husband have established there for the kids is great.

I'm sure you'll be enjoying your time off too--and hopefully get to do more blogging.

And yes, I agree, it is fun reading everyone else's blogs--there are some great writers who don't necessarily earn their living at writing. I think blogging has turned in to a wonderful outlet.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Like you, I was lost in the world of blogs last weekend...it's such feels good reading them!

And this thing you have started doing with your husband is such a lovely tradition...Kudos to both of you!

Jen said...

Lovely tradition! Our son's high school puts on a feast today - they have groups called "forums" that are similar to home rooms and each one is representing a different cultural tradition in the U.S. or beyond and they bring food in from that culture and then everyone has a giant potluck for 400 people.

What your husband is doing will do more good, though.

thailandchani said...

Not to sound like an echo, but I agree with everyone else. What you are doing with your husband is great. :) I'll be looking forward to learning more.. as you write more.