Sunday, July 27, 2008

Life Is Like a BallGame???

Ok, what's up with this thing called life? Do you believe that before we are born, we decide our path in life? How does that work? Do we open up the Angelic Post, read the want ads and see an ad for Wanted: Life Positions. Are you tired of harp music? Are you bored with your days being filled with laughter, peace, contentment, and UnConditional Love? Well, if you are, we have the answer. Everyone is welcome to attend the informational seminar being held at the Reincarnation Center, this Friday. Refreshments will be served. If you are interested but can't make the seminar, please contact your personal rebirth counselor for more information.

So you go to the seminar, indulge in the heavenly teacakes and the mind awakening tea, and learn that Life is a ball game. You choose the team you want to be on. Do you want to be on the success team and live a life full of happiness, abundance, filled with unsurmountable success and not caring what your "purpose" is, and continually hit home runs? Or do you want to be on the losing team where you have to work hard, take one step forward and three backward, endure pain, hardship, failure, always wondering "what am I here for?" and continually strike out? Or do you want to sit on the bench? Live a life full of contentment, experience minor success, bounce back from failures, believe that your purpose on earth is to a good person, and when you die people will say you were a loving, caring person who led a full life?

Now, come on... which team would you pick? Why would anyone pick the losing team? But it seems that we do. And it gets tiring. We read the self help books. We read books like "The Secret" and we try but it doesn't work. Is it because we don't try hard enough? Do we not have enough faith in our beliefs? Or is it because we chose our path and picked the wrong team?

What do you think?

4 comments:

Mariposa said...

Hi Jan...I'm so tempted to say, maybe bec we need to visualize more...well, I just read/ saw The Secret! :)

I don't know Jan...life is just so complex..and most of the time, we complicate it ourselves...and we got beaten at our own game!

I wish life is a ballgame...at least I just have to play and win...and try to win...and not care about others at all. But, at the end of the day, not only we want to win, but we also want people we care to win as much...and what if you happen to be on different teams? Worst, your on opposing teams? Do you let them win? Or do you beat them? *Sigh*

But one thing I'm sure...life goes one...and we have ourselves...so whatever happens, we just have to love and respect ourselves. I try to follow the reverse of golden rule now...it's not about treating others how I want to be treated anymore...but I treat myself how I want others to treat me...

I miss you Jan...and thanks for always visiting me...while I was in my cocoon! LOL

(((HUGS)))

Jan said...

Good to hear from you girlfriend ! Does this mean you're coming out of your cocoon? I hope so because I've missed you too. I like your way of thinking about the Golden Rule. So many times we're not good enough to ourselves. You take care hon... (((HUGS)))

Alekx said...

Hi Jan
Sorry I don't believe that our life is mapped out before we ever get here. I mean whatever higher power anyone believes in must be to busy to set up everyone with their whole life mapped out.

I wish bad things didn't happen to good people. I wish bad things happened to horrible people. But I can wish all day and in the end just try to make me as happy as possible so the people around me can hopefully take some of that happiness for themselves.

Have a better day.
:-)

Anonymous said...

I've come to believe that most of us in the western world are fortunate to be given lives full of choices- sometimes we make the right ones, sometimes the wrong ones, but it's all a learning process. How lucky we are to be able to choose.

I watched "The Secret" (of course, I blogged about it), and was not that impressed. If our lives were all about visualization, there'd be no poverty or hardship, no losing loved ones, etc. It's hard for me to swallow that when someone endures tragedy, it's simply because they didn't visualize things correctly.

To me, it's all about the journey. We fall, we get up, we switch teams, and sometimes we choose the wrong one. So we transfer ourselves to a better team, but even winning teams lose sometimes.

I'm shutting up now. Time for my appointment with the rebirth counselor.